23 Oct 2012

SPONSORED REVIEW: Siberia v2 Limited Edition Pink Headset from Steelseries

Today I'll be reviewing something a little bit different from the usual, a headset!
I've been wanting this headset since it was launched and the amazing guys over at SteelSeries decided to let me do a sponsored review on it! I'm so, so thankful and happy about it :3
This review is also in affiliation with VGU, who are the company I am sometimes press for at events ^-^

Specs & Basic Info
These are the specs and basic information straight from the SteelSeries website.
Headphones
Frequency response: 18 - 29.000 Hz

Impedance: 32 Ohm
SPL@ 1kHz, 1Vrms: 112 dB
Cable length: 1 + 2 = 3 meters (9.8ft)
3.5mm jacks

Microphone

Frequency response: 50 – 16.000 Hz
Pick up pattern: Uni-directional
Sensitivity: -38 dB


Packaging

The packaging was really nice and secure and was really nicely presented, the box is really well made and it's very easy to repackage the headset into it's original "factory" state.
The inner-box packaging is the standard plastic but it's also got a furry feel (almost like suede but fuzzier). I'm giving the packaging a 4 out of 5 just because the suede/fuzzy inner packaging sheds a little bit so I had to wipe down the headset with a wet wipe. No trouble but at first I thought it had black marks all over it >.<"





Comfort

The comfort on these are absolutely faultless! I think I've found a headset that I can actually take a nap in ^-^
They have a suspension-like headband that fully self adjusts to the wearers head and the ear cup is big enough for the biggest ears and extremely well padded so ideal for long gaming sessions, or just long wear sessions.


They completely cover my ears (which are quite big >.<) 

 You can also see here how the suspension-like headband caters to my head perfectly (again I have a huge head).

 Style

I can't express enough how much I love the look of these. To the point where I'm going to use them on my iPod and add a touch of pink to all of my outfits (the ear pads will surely keep my ears warm too!)

Usually I don't like pink with black on any items, but I absolutely love the pale/baby pink with the jet black padding. Finally a Pink and Black item that doesn't look tacky!
The concept of the invisible microphone is really handy too. The microphone is completely retractable and is really versatile to fitting everyone since it's fully adjustable, I think this headset was designed with the intention to adjust to everyone.


 Volume control and mic. on/off switch.

 The handy little retractable mic.

Fitting my head quite well! As I say, it really does fit all shapes and sizes.

 Sound

The sound on this headset is so clear and absolutely perfect for co-op gaming and live streams, it's equally really good for Skype and IM calls.
Listening to music through them is definitely an experience ^-^ It has amazing surround sound qualities and it just possess a great feel all round!



 Pricing
From the SteelSeries site, this headset is £64.99 which in my opinion is a brilliant price. I've spent £80+ on headsets made from cheap looking plastic that have nowhere near as much quality as this headset.
10% proceeds from every sale of pink Siberia V2 headset that is purchased through the SteelSeries website will go to Breast Cancer Research!  


 Alternatives
If pink isn't your thing, have a look at these other colour options. 
All of them are available from the SteelSeries website!

 Overall

I'm giving this product a 5 out 5. I've honestly never been so happy with a headset and I can predict I'll use it for a long time to come and you will only ever see me wearing this headset in streams!
It has absolutely everything I personally need in a headset, clear sound quality, phone/iPod compatible, pink! and so comfortable I could easily sleep in it ^-^



3 comments:

  1. Wow! That pink headphones suit you real well!!
    Your hair looks amazing!
    Beautiful! ;)

    www.colorfulexistence.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had seen these! *o* Instead of buying Turtle Beaches.
    Loving the wavy wig btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late! I'm sure they will still be around once you need a new set :)
      Thank you! It's a prototype from my wig store ^-^

      Delete